Our company has a long history in the Orpington area.
While we are now the 3rd Bromley (Orpington) Company we’ve previously been known as the 3rd Chislehurst and District (Orpington) Company and prior to that 11th West Kent (Orpington) Company.
The Company was originally founded in August 1933 and is connected with Orpington Baptist Church.
Our current headquarters is at Orpington Baptist Church, but before moving here we met at the Baptist Church Hall in the High Street. An earlier company, the 1st West Kent (Orpington) Company, was running at the church between 1894 -1898. However, this Company closed when the staff “expired.”
We have a list of all the staff of the company over the years. If you know of any corrections, please let us know.
The Company Motto is “Be of Good Courage”
Football has always been a part of the company, in fact members of the company won the Battalion Football Championship in 1895-96.
The Company Colour was kindly presented by the Founder and former President of the Company, Victor W. Pantlin and was dedicated on 1st October 1950.
Company Roll of Honour:
Ernest Caddey, Edward Byford and Peter Record laid down their lives in the Second World War 1939-45.
Pte. L Holyoak. The Boys’ Brigade Cross for Heroism 1934